Question? Ask Student Central:

Our Best Answer How do I fix my name on my FAFSA?

In order for Indiana University to be able to use your FAFSA, your name will need to be the same on your Indiana University account and your FAFSA. To verify if your NAME is incorrect with your FAFSA, please go to and review your application.  Indiana University Bloomington cannot fix any errors manually on the FAFSA. If the FAFSA is correct, then our records will need to be updated to the correct information. To make a correction we will need documentation validating your NAME.  Accepted documentation includes: legal documentation, SSN card, marriage certificate, driver’s license, or official court documentation. This documentation should be submitted by using our secure contact from. If you prefer to fax this information, you may fax it to (812) 855-3311. 

Was this answer helpful?

You May Be Interested In:

Close Menu Close Menu