Question? Ask Student Central:

Our Best Answer Can international students work during their studies?

While you are in the United States, you may wish to work, either to gain experience in your field of study or simply to make some money. When and where you may work depends on your immigration status and where you are in your academic program. F-1 students need authorization for most categories of work. J-1 students need authorization for any type of employment they wish to undertake. For detailed information, please contact the Office of International Services.

Was this answer helpful?

You May Be Interested In:

Close Menu Close Menu