Our Best Answer Can I opt out of eText fees?
In compliance with federal regulations, you may choose under specific circumstances to opt out of the IU eTexts fees for any class using IU eTexts titles. The easiest way to opt out of IU eTexts is to select a different class or course without an IU eTexts adoption.
If selecting another class or course isn't an option, you may opt out if both of the following conditions are met:
- Identical materials are legally available outside of the IU eTexts program; be aware that some materials (including McGraw-Hill's ConnectPlus titles, Cengage's MindTap titles, Pearson's MyLabs, and some IU Press titles authored by Bloomington Kelley School of Business faculty) are created or customized for IU eTexts only, and are not available in any other format.
- You submit your request to opt out no later than 45 days before the first day of class in the term.
If, after careful consideration (and ideally a conversation with your instructor) you still choose to opt out, submit your request as follows:
- Go to Enrollment shopping cart in One.IU, and click Start.
- If necessary, select the correct term.
- Scroll down to "My Class Schedule", and click IU eTexts Opt Out.
- Read the statement, and follow the instructions.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your IU email account.